Y-ConvertY-Convert is an intelligent image robot (batch processor) with the main purpose to downscale large pictures (eg. from a DigiCam) for web presentations.
Additionally, you can tune your pictures using some filters, create thumbnails and HTML indexes.
- add files or directories(!) using drag & drop
- process mulitple directories at the same time
- scale pictures using presets or custom sizes
- image quality of scaled pictures is automatically enhanced
in dependence of the amount of scaling done to them!
- tune your pictures using filters like sharpness, gamma, RGB correction
- create thumbnails
- create linked HTML-"slides" (containers) for your images
- create HTML indexes
- all HTML files are created by using your own templates
Be warned, this is nothing for beginners!
You need good HTML knowledge and at least a basic understanding
of StyleSheets. Of course, an example is included.
- when processing/indexing files from multiple directories,
individual indexes per folder plus a master index are created
Since I don't have any idea of reading and writing graphic file formats at all, Y-Convert does only the required calculations for the parameters and provides a nice interface. The "dirty" job of processing the files one by one is done by Pierre Gougelet's Nconvert; a console utility, that comes as part of his free XNview package. Y-Convert would not have been possible without Pierre's work, so thank you for making this masterpiece available for free!
Also, I must not forget PKware, who provided the VDSconv.dll (a free extension to my VDS compiler), which is used to gather some information from the source images Y-Convert needs for it's calculations.
- This is an early Beta. Expect the unexpected!
- Nconvert is a console (DOS) utility. Processing images using Y-Convert may be slower than using "pure" Windows programs. However, once you've seen the output quality it creates under control of Y-Convert, you will gladly pay that price.
Last Update: March 2001
- Fixed a bug that could create invalid HTML-indexes
- added a switch to make Y-Convert recurse into subdirectories
- added a switch to check for duplicate files in the file list
- beeing a console utility, it may gulp on images with spaces in filenames.
However, spaces in filenames should be avoided in general.